Identify your hormone type to combat hormonal imbalance.
Hormones are the chemicals produced in the body that control almost all body functions. In females, the hormones also influence mood, periods and energy production. The levels of hormones determine the body parameters and also tell you the needs of the body. So, the importance of balanced hormones can’t be overemphasised. Understanding hormone type is particularly important if you are going for a metabolic renewal program.
What is your hormone type?
What is the hormone type? The hormone type is not related to the levels of the hormones, it is more related to the effects of the hormones. For example. two persons of the same height, weight and age may have different appetites and moods. What’s different? Obviously, their hormone type. Let’s understand some major hormone types and their associated signs.
Read more: Symptoms of a hormone imbalance.
People in this hormone type have low energy production (low levels of sexual and steroid hormones). A progesterone-deficient woman will experience these symptoms (although both oestrogen and progesterone are deficient in ovarian burnout). If the answers to these questions are yes, you have a sluggish hormone type;
- Do you feel unmotivated all day?
- Do you feel lethargic every time?
- Do you feel forgetful and drowsy?
- Is your face full of wrinkles (or) did you have wrinkles at an early age?
- Have you unattractive, thin and dry skin?
- Do you feel trouble in sleep or suffer from insomnia?
- Are you noting excessive weight gain or fat gain?
If the answers to all or most of the above questions are ‘’no’’, you are an energetic person having adequate levels of hormones flowing in your blood.
Do you have a habit of drastic mood swings? An excess level of steroid hormones and thyroid hormones will cause the production of excess energy which will exhibit in your body.
If the answer to these questions is ‘’yes’’, your hormone type is ‘’moody’’
- Do you feel irritable and angry all the time?
- Do you feel depressed and tense most of the day?
- Do you often suffer from migraines and other types of headaches?
- Do you feel pain in your muscles and body?
- Are you experiencing hair loss or hot flashes on your face?
- Do you feel difficulty concentrating?
- Do you feel hungry all the time?
- Have you noticed night sweats?
The hungry hormone type is closely related to the moody one as the higher levels of thyroid hormones will speed up your metabolism, thus increasing your appetite. However, a lot more hormones are also linked with hunger. If the answers to these questions are ‘’yes’’, your hormone type is ‘’hungry’’.
- Do you have excessive food cravings and appetite?
- Do you feel anxiety and depression all the time?
- Do you suffer from work-related burnout too early and need to eat?
- Do you have poor-quality quality sleep?
- Do you often complain of bloating?
- Does your face have acne?
- Are you gaining belly fat?
- Are you gaining back fat?
Read more: How can I balance my hormones?
Hormonal health is your health. Hormones flowing in the blood leave observable signs. These hormone types are mentioned for your understanding. The identification of your hormone type can allow you to make changes in lifestyle and nutrition to lose weight, maintain healthy and normal skin and regulate the menstrual cycle (in women). Please note that your exact hormone type may be anywhere between these types. These metabolic renewal quiz questions can help you in this regard.
Here at Welzo, we offer many at-home tests that can help you to determine if your hormone levels are in a healthy range. Our Female Hormone Test can help to diagnose a health issue early
Our Male Hormone Blood Test is useful for determining testosterone levels.